The data wiring or data circuit is the set of systems that transport the video signal to the screen. A complete data circuit has the following elements:
- Playback system
- External network cable connection between the player and one of the data cards on the led screen.
- Serial connection of the network cable between the all data cards on all the cabinets of the led screen.
- Internal connections of flat cables between each cabinet’s data card and its LED modules.
INSTALLATION OF LED SCREEN DATA WIRING
When installing a LED screen, the data wiring is completed by interconnecting the cabinets:
In this type of installation you access the interior of each cabinet and connect the data cards (usually behind the central door of the cabin) passing ethernet cables through the wiring hole to the next cabinet making a zigzag pattern. Once a row is finished, it is passed to the upper cabinet and the wiring continues until the screen is completed.
HOW DO DATA CABLES CONNECT BETWEEN CABINETS?
There are different methods to pass data cables depending on the type of cabinet you have. The most common systems are:
- Cable holes: generally located on the sides of the screen, creating a path for wiring between two cabinets. In this way, the wiring is completely hidden from view. These systems are usually used in fixed installation screens.
- External connection ports: some cabinets have data entry and exit ports. This serial system connects all the cabinets of a screen with external cables. These systems are usually used in mobile installation screens.
POWER CONNECTIONS ON A LED SCREEN
The power feeding circuit provides electricity to all the internal components of the screen. In a LED screen power feeding circuit, we will find the following components:
Electrical network outlet. For large-area screens we recommend that you build a electric switchboard for power management.
Power cables: Provides electricity to one or more cabinets.
Power supply: Inside each cabinet there are several power supplies that transform the electrical current to the voltage and amperage levels necessary for the operation of the screen.
Internal power wiring: interconnects the power supplies with the rest of the electronic components of the cabinet.
POWER IN A CABINET LED
All the cabinets of a screen come with preinstalled power circuits to make installation easier. This includes: the interconnection between power supplies, the connection with their respective LED modules, as well as the internal data card.
POWER SUPPLY INSTALLATION ON A LED MONITOR
To complete the power supply circuit of a LED screen we will have to connect the LED cabinet with the electrical network. Let’s look at the most common types of power wiring installations:
MAIN FEEDING TO THE DISPLAY
To complete the power set up, you must feed the power supplies of each cabinet, by plugging it. To do this, you extend the cables from the electrical panel to the interior of the cabinets using the side holes. Contact a professional electrician to build the electrical panel. You must calculate the screen’s power consumption from the technical sheet (consumption per square meter) and specify the circuit breaker and the differential switches following the picture below.The electrical panel of your screen requires several circuit breakers. The amount of circuit breakers will be determined by the size of your screen and the number of cabinets.
Generally, one electricity outlet is used for each group of 2 to 3 cabins as illustrated in the diagram. It is not advisable to connect more than 3 cabins to the same circuit breaker because it increases the risk of overloads.